To be in a better form after drinking and eating too much during Christmas holidays, this a short detox therapy to follow during 1 to 3 days.
First, try to get rid of alcohol, coffee, sugar and animal proteins; and opt for seasonal fruits and vegetable : soups, juices, grilled or steamed vegetable. The only important thing is to get rid of oil and butter while cooking them.
The following list indicates what fruits and vegetable are the best for a detox theraphy :
- Garlic is good at fighting against cholesterol and boosts body immunity
- Artichoke helps the good functioning of the gallblader. It’s also a great diuretic.
- Beetroot is full of methionin that helps the body to eliminate waters and betanin that helps the liver to metabolize fatty acids.
- Cabbages are full of vitamin C, chromium that helps to regulate sugar in blood, fibers that stop hunger
- Apple is full of pectin, a fiber that permits toxins’ excretion and gives an impression of fullness
- Plums are a natural laxative and helps to detox and eliminate wastes.
- Pink grapefruit gives us a lot a vitamin C and is a powerful antioxidant
- Horseradish helps to secrete and eliminate bile salts. Its also a great diuretic.
During this therapy, avoid eating starchy food in the evening and opt for légumes instead : beans, peas, lentils… These ones are full of fibers and vegetal proteins. Whole cereals on the morning are very good, but not more than 100g-150g per day.
In the morning, when you wake up, drink a fresh lemon juice in hot water. Citric acid is very detoxifying.
Drink a lot of herbal tea or water all day long. Avoid tea or coffee.
Some recipes you can make…
Cut 4 carrots, 1/2 white cabbage, 2 garlic cloves, 1 onion, and 3cm fresh ginger. Add some water and cook for 20 minutes till vegetable is tender. Mix and add some cinnamon.
Grate 5 cm of fresh peeled ginger. Boil it for 5 minutes with 500 ml of water. Then filter the drink. You can drink it hot or cold, and add a fresh squeeze of lemon juice.
2 small cooked beetroots, one lemon juice, 1 apple. Mix the beetroots and the apple, then add the lemon juice and half a glass of water. Drink immediately to take advantage of the vitamins.
Happy New Year… and good luck for your detox therapy! The hardest part is to start 😉 !